[K-Drama Review Vol.2] Kill Me Heal Me

I know that I'll be a laughingstock if I tell you that I just finished watching this drama (KMHM) last month tho considering the fact ...


I know that I'll be a laughingstock if I tell you that I just finished watching this drama (KMHM) last month tho considering the fact that this TV series hit Korean primetime slots early last year. I wouldn't deny if I am such a late bloomer in discovering such a great Korean dramas that would definitely give me some chills and excitement. At first I honestly don't have the interest in watching this drama for unknown reason I just don't feel it I guess. However it was out of the blue when I decided to watch it and just give it a try oh plus the fact that I eagerly wanted to get rid of my boredom during that time. I didn't have any high expectations for this one which is not a usual thing for me I tend to rate and give greater anticipation for a Kdrama before I watch it.
But even in the midst of this low expectation I suddenly found myself dumbfounded and I just want to smack myself really hard for judging this drama before watching it. I know I'm wrong and one piece of advice don't judge the book by it's cover.

Until now I still can't completely move on and I attached myself too much into this drama so basically that's the reason why I came up with this post. Here are some of MY reasons why I love Kill Me Heal Me:

*All the photos, gif's and videos used in this post do not belong to me, credit to the owners*


The Plot

It is a story of a third generation chaebol/heir Cha Do-hyun (Ji sung) who has a Dissociative Identity Disorder or commonly known as Multiple personality in which he possessed 7 different personalities. Amidst of suffering from this disorder Cha Do-hyun try to control it with the help of Oh Ri-Jin (Hwang Jung Eum), a first year psychiatrist who later become his personal doctor. The two tries to unfold the secrets behind the cause of this seven personalities and later realized the key to the mystery of  their lives.

As soon as I saw the plot it really gets my attention and curiosity on how the lead actor will going to portray a man suffered from Multiple Disorder and take note SEVEN PERSONALITIES. And man as long as I finished the first episode it immediately took my interest and I'm too eager on what will happen on the next episodes. This is the first Kdrama that I'm not just watching I also tend to think and use my mind in unveiling the hidden mystery in the story.

THE CAST


Once the story is well-polished it's now the artists task to improve it and make it more appealing to the viewers and I must say the Kill Me Heal Me casts are truly a versatile actors.


THE SEVEN PERSONALITIES


Cha Do-hyun


                                          

I don't know if I'll consider it as a personality because it's the character himself however Cha Do-hyun is a warm and caring person that tends to clean all the mess and problems created by his alters. You just can't help but to give your sympathy to him because of his heartwarming and softer gaze. He's too afraid to face and remember his traumatic past and that is why his other personalities deal with it instead.

Shin Se gi




Oh really Se gi??



He's the most wounded personality I guess because all the miserable things happened in the past that Cha Do-hyun forgotten, Shin Se gi is the one who face it all alone with pain and anger. He may be dangerous for his bad boy look and short temper that led him to use violence at people who upsets him but he's willing to be caring, shows his warmer side everytime he's with Oh Ri Jin. He's trying to get rid of his bad side just to show his love for Ri-Jin. It may be easy to determine who's Do-hyun and Se gi just by basing it to their attitudes however another thing that differs the main character to it's personality is that the look in their eyes is merely different. Do-hyun has a softer gaze while Shin Se Gi has a piercing yet very meaningful gaze.




Actually out of the seven personalities Se gi is my favorite just look how manly and fashionable he is. Ji sung totally rock this style 😍. I just can't stop drooling while looking at Shin Se gi- kidding lels.

DROOLS!





Perry Park





At first I thought that Perry Park's character is just a sort of troublesome and happy-go-lucky ahjussi (old man) with a native dialect (I guess) and an avid fan of making bombs (yeah explosives) but as the story goes by you can see the mature side of him despite of his wacky character and odd sense of fashion, by watching the entire series you will know that he's not just an ahjussi that loves to drink and go fishing but also a very reliable personality.




Spoiler: There was this episode wherein it's time to say goodbye to Perry Park and when he ask if he's willing to leave his only answer is that it's the time for Do-hyun to be happy and he must be a good example to other personalities, you can just feel the love of an older brother.  And the mere fact that Do-hyun created this personality it is because he was longing for the warm love and care of his father when he was a child, knowing the cause why Perry Park exist just breaks my heart *cries like han river*

Ahn Yo-sub





A 17-year old boy who is well-known as the suicidal personality. He keeps on trying to end his life everytime this personality appears but things started to change when Oh Ri jin came in to the picture that helps Yo-sub to realize that ending his life is not a reason to escape and resolve all the problems happening in Cha Do hyun's life. As for the seven personalities, Yo-sub is the one that I can truly relate the most maybe because we have the same personality. I used to be like that believe it or not but not to the point of jumping into a cliff or some sort of bridge or the top of a building, I just have my own way haha.


Ahn Yo-na





The twin sister of Yo sub. A typical teenager who just always want to chase handsome men without even give a damn in studying. Yo na might not be that harmful compare to other personalities but she's the most "dangerous" as per how Cha Do-hyun explain her personality. Aside from Se gi, Yo na is my next favorite personality, she's just so funny. Her personality definitely give a different variation to the show because of her quirky and girly side the viewers can't just help but to laugh everytime this personality appears. Oh plus the fact that I really love her tandem with Oh Ri on (Ri Jin's brother).
I just want to compliment Ji sung for portraying Ahn Yo-na very interesting. Hey after all he's a man so it's obviously hard portraying a teenager who keeps on saying oppa everytime she sees a handsome man, it's not easy wearing pink lip tint and gosh a skirt but Ji sung definitely nailed it. He's too great I must say. Because of his very effective and pleasing acting of Ahn Yo na's personality I just tend to pause for a while and helps myself to concentrate that Do-hyun is also Yo na. That's how versatile Ji sung is.

 Everyone say OPPA!




So true, Yo Na


I'll just going to leave the two other personalities as a secret for those who haven't watch this TV series yet 😂


Oh Ri-Jin

























A first year psychiatric resident and later on become the personal doctor of Cha Do-hyun. She plays a very important role to Do-hyun's life beside of being his love interest.

Spoiler: There's something to do with Cha Do-hyun's forgotten childhood memories.  

Hwang Jung Eum portrayed her role very well she can balance the cute and comedic style to a more serious and emotional act. She has a cheerful and positive personality that actually lighten's up the whole drama.


Oh Ri On






















































"SISTER!" if you're a fan of KMHM you will know why I considered it as a trademark for Ri On hahaha. I just keep on laughing everytime he says that word. His derpy personality make him more appealing and interesting to watch out for. Oh Ri on is the loving and caring twin brother for Oh Ri Jin, but with a twist ( go and watch this drama to understand what I'm talking about) he may just be funny yet charismatic man and a writer but he tends to keep a lot of secrets that made me hook to the story and to know the mystery behind his character.
But fudge Park Seo jun is just so freakin handsome right? Haha


The Love-lines

Cha Do Hyun/ Shin Se Gi and Oh Ri Jin





At some point maybe one of my reason for not having the interest of watching this drama BEFORE is that I can't see some magical chemistry to the lead cast but dude I'm wrong once you started watching this drama you can see their wonderful tandem and this is not the first time they become a lead couple in a TV series.


If I'm going to choose whose tandem I liked the most I would say its Se gi and Ri Jin's love-line. They're just so cute.


Spoiler: This is one of the most heartbreaking farewell I've ever watched. When Oh Ri Jin gives her farewell gift, which is a sweet yet saddest kiss, to Shin Se gi just torn my heart into pieces. I don't want Se gi to leave but him disappearing into the picture means that Cha Do hyun is now recovering and will now start to live normally without any worries, fear and hatred. After all Shin Se gi is still Cha Do hyun.

Ahn Yo Na and Oh Ri On




Can I just say that this is the cutest couple in the entire K-drama world (well for me they are the cutest). This unpredictable couple brings laughter and smile to the viewers. I just keep on laughing out loud everytime Yo Na calls Ri On "OPPA" hahaha she's just totally fallen into him.


Spoiler: Expect a kissing scene from this couple (Yes they have and that's the cutest kissing scene ever)

The TWINS (Oh Ri On and Oh Ri Jin)


























By just looking at this brother-sister relationship I suddenly wish to have a brother like Oh Ri On because he is not just handsome he is also crazy like a dork hahaha. Too bad Ri Jin loves Ri On as a twin brother nothing more nothing less. But I guess it's the best thing for the drama and for this tandem.

OST

Actually I only have two favorite soundtracks from KMHM and that is Hallucination by Jang Jae In and Manchurian Violet by Ji sung (Yes he's more than just your typical A-list actor)






and last but not the least

Ji Sung


















Can we just give him a standing ovation for such a great performance? It's a relief he won the Daesang (Grand prize) award for this drama, well deserved oppa!  After I watched Kill Me Heal Me I suddenly found myself searching his name in Google. I'm actually familiar to his name ever since before KMHM because he is the husband of Lee Bo young.

















*Oh too sad he's already married and now a sweet daddy to his one year old daughter*














I immediately turn into my inner Ahn Yo na mode whenever I saw a picture of him or even when he updates his instagram account. Now I'm such a huge fan of Ji sung and even considers him as my favorite actor replacing Lee Min ho who used to be in my first spot hahaha. Mianhae Lee Min ho ssi.

That's exactly my question for you oppa.

Overall Review:

It's not the perfect drama but so far this is one of the best and amazing TV series I've ever watched. The plot itself and the cast were indeed excellent. However this drama also has it's own flaws there were some scenes that I just tend to skip because it's not that necessary to the story. But if someone would ask me to recommend a Kdrama, without any hesitation, I will surely suggest this one.

Deal? DEAL
























Let me have some sleep now.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @princessbltzr