Taiwan Escapade

Look who's back to blogging after a long break? I don't know if it's a right timing to write or post a blog especially now...



Look who's back to blogging after a long break? I don't know if it's a right timing to write or post a blog especially now that we're in the midst of a pandemic. But I hope and I know that we can all get through this.


Now that all of us are in ECQ, I decided to make my day productive by writing a new blog entry. I'm now sharing with you guys my solo and first out of the country travel last year in Taiwan! A lot of people asked me why I decided to travel alone or some even raised their doubts if I can do it all alone. But to answer their questions, yes I was nervous and scared at the same time. I don't have a prior travel experience outside the country but it has always been my dream to explore the world on my own. That's why I didn't waste any time and booked a flight going to Taiwan. I have less than a month to prepare all the things that I need and save a lot for my pocket money, which is the hardest thing to do lol.

Parang sa isip-isip ko, bahala na. Kung hindi ko pa susubukan ngayon, kailan pa? Makes sense, right?
And besides, Taiwan is one of the countries that I want to visit the most. I don't know why but there's something about this country that makes me feel awe. A lot of my friends told me that they got bored or wala daw silang masyadong napuntahan. But in my opinion it depends on the person if how can he/she enjoy his/her travel? 

Going back to my solo travel experience, I went to Taiwan last year for 4 days. I was really anxious and afraid when I was in the immigration. Please lang, ayokong ma-offload. Good thing, I prepared all the necessary documents that they need even those papers or proof na parang hindi naman nila kailangan but just to make sure dinala ko na rin. My tips for those who are planning to travel on their own but without any travel experience, just don't forget to bring some necessary documents such as your COE or certificate of employment, pay slip, bank statement (dalhin mo na rin para sure), photocopy of your company ID (nagdala na rin ako just a proof na employed ka talaga), and a copy of your itinerary. Well in my case, hinanapan pa talaga nila ako ng diploma. Like wth?! But gladly she allowed me to present a picture instead of my actual diploma.

When I was in the airport (NAIA) sobrang dami na agad aberya. First, I freakin' lost my boarding pass. O di ba sa lahat-lahat naman ng mawawala 'yun pa? Dun pa talaga bumisita 'yung pagiging absent minded ko. I admit I don't have anyone to blame but myself. It was because of my negligence and I let my absent minded and pessimist self to devour me. (Char naman sa devour) But on a serious note, I tried to think positive and don't let this issue ruin my trip tho napaisip talaga ako if I should call my parents to pick me up in the airport lol.

Second aberya was I chose the wrong pick-up location for my sim wifi! I know, ako na ang tanga. Lesson learned, don't forget to hundred percent check all the details you've encoded before booking. I've purchased my sim wifi through Klook pero dahil shunga ako I chose Terminal 2 for pick-up location instead of Terminal 1. So I tried calling their customer service or e-mail the service provider for my wifi if it's possible to change the pick-up location but sadly hindi raw possible. And I was like, so how on earth can I transfer from Taoyuan Airport Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 considering that my time of arrival was 1 am in the morning. Paano na?! 'Yun talaga ang concern ko the whole trip going to Taiwan. After we arrived at the airport, I run right away to the pick-up booth to ask if it's okay to get my sim wifi in this terminal. There was a long queque pero syempre tinayaga ko pa rin with a positive mindset na baka pwede nga and answered prayer, the teller told me it was okay and I just have to present an additional ID aside from my passport.

Image may contain: 1 person, indoor


No photo description available.


No photo description available.



Again, DON'T LET YOUR PESSIMISTIC SELF RUIN YOUR TRIP! :)

So to start my solo travel experience, I need to find out on how can I go to my hostel considering that it was too early and the train station was not yet open. Good thing there's a shuttle bus from the airport going to Taipei Main Station. And according to my friend, the hostel where I'm staying was actually near in the said station. But knowing my love-hate relationship with google maps (lol) I decided to ride a taxi and yes another dilemma arise since not all taxi drivers in Taiwan can speak or understand English. Good thing, they're so friendly and approachable if you need to ask for directions. They are willing to help you the best way they can despite the language barrier. 

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and indoorImage may contain: people standing


Image may contain: night and outdoor



During my entire trip to Taiwan, I decided not to stick with my itinerary. Tho meron talaga akong ginawa but I just want my first travel experience to be spontaneous or kung saan lang ako mapadpad. Some of the perks of traveling alone is that you get to choose your own route and there would be no conflict when it comes to time. Considering me na kailangan mabilis ang kilos and I'm also a fast walker at the same time. Wala talaga akong tiyaga na maghintay lol. Aside from getting to choose your own route, you will get to know yourself better and discover a lot of new things about yourself. Since you have no one to rely on all you can do is to believe in yourself through ups and downs haha. But for me the best thing about being a solo traveler is that you can go out of your comfort zone. One of my worries before this trip was how could I survive 4 days in another country with no travel experience?! But good thing, I let myself to just enjoy the experience and explore this beautiful country. 

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: sky, tree and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, sky, tree, shoes, cloud and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, cloud, sky and outdoor

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, sky, cloud and outdoor


Image may contain: one or more people, sky, cloud and outdoor

Image may contain: indoor


Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor and nature


Image may contain: indoor


Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor


Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 1 person, night and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor

Image may contain: skyscraper, sky and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, sky, tree, cloud and outdoor


Image may contain: 1 person, night and outdoor

Image may contain: people standing, car and outdoor


Image may contain: one or more people, tree, grass, plant, outdoor and nature


Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature


Image may contain: one or more people, tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature


No photo description available.

Image may contain: text
The highlight of my trip! 


Image may contain: sky, cloud, mountain, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, shorts and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people and people sitting

Image may contain: Princess Baltazar, smiling, outdoor


Image may contain: outdoor 


Image may contain: mountain, sky, cloud, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: cloud, sky, car and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, sky and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

I will not going to share my itinerary since hindi ko rin naman nasunod lol. And I forgot the complete breakdown of my expenses. But as far as I can remember, I allot P15,000 for my pocket money, including the payment for my hostel. And guess what, may natira pang P4,000 sa budget ko. It's all up to you on how will you handle or budget your pocket money. Taiwan is a good place for a budget-traveler like me. It's also a safe and tourist friendly country. The locals are very nice, friendly, and approachable. I was quite surprised because they are willing to help you or communicate with you so don't hesitate to ask them regarding directions kung feeling mo nawawala ka. Marami rin kainan na hindi ganun ka-pricey and most importantly, some tourist spots are for free especially in Taipei. And if you're a milk tea lover just like me then prepare a separate budget for your milk tea adventure! Ikaw ang malulula sa dami ng milk tea shops lol. Especially if your hotel is near or around the night market wala ka talagang kawala lol. Oh, and of course your Taiwan experience will not be complete without trying their famous street foods. 

Image may contain: 3 people, including Princess Baltazar, people smiling, people sitting and outdoor
I must say Taiwanese locals are the nicest.

Image may contain: one or more people and indoor



Image may contain: food

Image may contain: food

Image may contain: one or more people
Maokong's tea ice cream. Must-try!!!
Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor


Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor
Unli milk tea!!!

Image may contain: drink and outdoor


Image may contain: one or more people, drink and outdoor

And to end this blog, just let me share my realizations and learnings during my first out of the country travel. Don't hesitate to treat yourself. If you are the kind of person who loves to explore new places then it's okay to splurge a little for your travels. It's never wrong to choose what makes you happy. And don't let your fear hinder you from achieving your goals to explore the world and experience the beauty of different countries on your own. Yes, it's more fun if you can travel with your family and friends but there's a tranquility and a feeling of satisfaction when you try it on your own. Fear is inevitable but just like what i've said don't let your worries and anxiety ruin your much-awaited trip. 


No photo description available.



And last but not the least, have fun and savor the moment!

Too cute not to post.



Image may contain: indoor


Image may contain: dog

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting
Oooops, sorry haha.










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @princessbltzr