Life Lately

Hi Fellas, it’s been such a long time since my last blog post I even missed writing my good and not-so-good happenings in my life but...



Hi Fellas, it’s been such a long time since my last blog post I even missed writing my good and not-so-good happenings in my life but since I’m feeling a little bit weary and sort of productive I’ve decided to showcase again my ala-dramatic blogger side. It’s the last week of school day for us (graduating student) yes, I’m now on the middle of my journey towards my un-so-predictable future. And since we only have less than a week to enjoy our student lives I started to feel the emptiness, sadness and at the same time a bit nostalgic to the memories I’ve spent in the university. To think that I almost spent half of my life in that university, I became a student in UE since I was in grade 4. If you’ll going to ask me if I didn’t feel any boredom or hindi ka na nagsawa? My answer is yes, actually all the time. At first I’m having a regrets for not taking the college examination to my dream university or even in other schools. Let’s just say na tamad talaga ako nun and ang goal ko lang ay makapag-college. I didn’t have a dream nor a purpose in life back then, actually hanggang ngayon naman.

Wearing a black toga and going up on stage to receive your diploma is our great motivation to survive the crucial and stressful college life but since I’m only one step away towards the end of this journey I couldn’t help but to wish that time would slow down. Ang bilis ng mga pangyayari. As if everything happens unexpectedly. A lot of things happened those past few months, weeks and I didn’t know that I’ll be able to get those achievements. I mean I’m not the smartest nor the best student. There were downfalls, yes, but what made me stronger is that I attain some of my dreams that I thought I couldn’t achieved.
-      
   -   -I received my academic awardee

This award is given for the student who are consistent scholars. And in my case, I maintain my scholarship for second semester for 2015-2016 until my first semester this fourth year. I was actually grateful that I only have to pay for some miscellaneous fee and that’s it.


-        

-        -Best Documentary Writer

Can I just squeal? (scream in’ inside). I’m so happyyyyyyyyyyyy. Actually I didn’t expect that I’ll be the one who’s going to receive this award. When we were still shooting for our documentary I didn’t have any high expectations and hope to get an award. Siguro masaya na ako kahit maka-top 6 lang. And during the screening week my group mates and I started to lose hope and we’re actually starting to feel down when we watched other documentary entries. Paano ba naman walang masyadong nanood ng docu namin. Then one time, my professor in video editing (requirement namin sa subject n’ya yung documentary) told us the comments of the judges regarding our docu. He said they were impressed on our entry and they said “’Yan ang docu” and we were just like:




That was unexpected. Another thing that almost made me choke up was that the judges from Inquirer and GMA actually commend on how the documentary was written. They freakin’ liked it!!!!! It’s so surreal. Sobrang hindi ko alam na ganun ang magiging comments nila about our documentary. So during the awarding ceremony, we went there with our little hopes that we have the chance to receive some awards. Just like what I’ve said we’re not aiming for the highest recognition, we just want to be included even in the top 6. And during the first part of the program the hosts announced the top 6 documentaries and when they said “Guro sa Likod ng Rehas” (our docu) we couldn’t help but to shout out of joy. When it’s time for the major awards, the hosts mentioned the nominees for the best documentary writers, I’m starting to lose hope that I’m going to win because there are a lot of nominees and most of them are actually good no actually outstanding writers. And when they said that there were 2 winners parang inisip ko na lang “bahala na” and when they announced the first winner and it turned out to be my name I was actually shocked to the point that I remain seated for a seconds, clueless and trying to get my shit. Para kasing joke lang, ‘yung parang ano ba ito? Baka good time lang ito.” But when my professor go in front to give the certificate doon pa lang ako tumayo at lumapit. Kung joke time man ito bahala na. And so I went there in front still clueless but when I saw the name written on the certificate that’s my waking call that hey girl it isn’t a dream it’s freaking real. And so tadaaaaaaaaa




Who would’ve thought that this nobody will going to receive such recognition.


And congratulations also to our team, Lathala Productions, for winning the 3rd best documentary. (Yaassssssssssssss). Ok na kami sa Top 6 pero sobra-sobra ang binigay. We really couldn’t ask for more.



So that’s it, my life lately. Till next blog, fellas.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @princessbltzr